They say a banana is the world’s most perfect food, but a soft-boiled egg with the right seasoning and a dollop of mayo might just be ‘it’ for me.
- Place room-temperature egg in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water so there’s about 1-inch of water above the egg.
- Put saucepan over high heat. Allow to come to a boil, then immediately remove from heat. Allow eggs to stand in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Drain hot water and place the egg on an egg cup or small saucer.
- Cut a small ‘cap’ off the top of the egg, exposing some of the soft yolk.
- Season with sea salt, cracked pepper and a small dollop of mayonnaise.