These treats come straight from my childhood as my Grandma made them for the holidays as far back as I can remember. She’d make a double batch and freeze the finished treats so we’d have them well into the new year.
- 1/3 cup grated paraffin wax
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- Melt paraffin and chocolate in a glass or metal bowl placed over a pot of simmering water over medium-low heat. Don’t allow the bowl to touch the simmering water.
- Add peanut butter to the melted chocolate and blend well until fully incorporated.
- Stir the powdered sugar into the mixture. Remove from heat and add the puffed rice cereal, making certain that the cereal is fully coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Drop spoonful of the mixture on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet and cool. Refrigerate cooled treats.
Makes approximately 24 treats.
Notes: Paraffin wax can be found at most grocery stores in the canning section where Mason Jars are found. Only use consumable wax such as Gulf Paraffin Wax. Grate the paraffin using a box grater or microplane.