This recipe is simple and produces a flavorful roast with a rich sauce. Perfect served with mashed potatoes.
- 1 – 4lb pork roast, fat trimmed off
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp each – salt, pepper
- 1/2 tsp each – onion powder, garlic powder, ground thyme
- 1 bottle beer, medium bodied
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tbs butter, softened
- Rinse pork roast with water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spread mustard on roast and rub all over surface.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and all the spices. Rub over the meat.
- Place roast in the slow cooker, pour beer and broth around it.
- Cook on LOW for 9-10 hours, then remove roast from slow cooker.
- Combine softened butter and flour to form a paste. Add to liquid from slow cooker and whisk to form a smooth sauce. Serve sauce over meat.