- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 1/2 large onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes(2 large), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 10-ounce cans baby clams, drained, liquid reserved
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 15-ounce cans cream-style corn
- 1 Tbs. Thyme
Cook chopped bacon in heavy saucepan over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon begins to brown. Add onions and sauté 10 minutes. Add potatoes and red pepper and sauté 1 minute. Add reserved liquid, milk, and bottled clam juice. Simmer chowder uncovered until vegetables are tender, 15 minutes.
Add corn and clams to chowder; simmer 5 minutes. Mix in thyme and salt and pepper.