Creolina’s was a wonderful Cajun restaurant in downtown Ft Lauderdale near my former place of employment. All their food was wonderful, but the crawfish bisque was outstanding. Was able to get the recipe after it closed:
- 3 pounds crawfish
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- Boil crawfish in a large pot of water. Drain and cool until crawfish can be handled easily. Remove tail and save shells. Refrigerate tail meat.
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add crawfish shells, paprika and cayenne. Sauté 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid into another pan. Crush shells to remove remaining liquid and add that liquid. Discard shells.
- Return to heat and add onion, bell pepper, tomato paste, cream and tomato. Simmer 1 hour, stirring frequently. Add brandy and crawfish tail meat. Simmer 10 minutes. Serve hot.