- 4 medium to large fresh portabello caps
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fried, crumbled bacon
- 8 eggs
Preheat oven to 400 F. Place the portobello caps, gill side up, in a large baking dish and bake 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add shiitakes, onion, and corn; sauté until mushrooms are limp and corn is tender, 3-4 minutes. Add pine nuts and bacon and stir well. Season to taste. Be sure to season well, making it a little salty.
Remove mushrooms from oven and evenly divide shiitake mixture among the four caps, smoothing surface. Make sure caps lay as flat as possible. Crack 2 eggs on top of each mushroom. Return dish to oven and bake until eggs are done to your liking.